Client Development Manager
- Bryant, Arkansas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20660BR
- United States
Actively search for new business opportunities for engineering consulting department, office or division. Develop and foster long-term client relationships. Utilize contacts in appropriate professional organizations to network with potential clients and develop intelligence regarding the firm’s competition. Use networking contacts to develop leads and provide new projects from past, existing and future clients. Prepare marketing materials including qualification packages, written proposals and other client submittals.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage the client development efforts for a large office or region.
- Provides client development leadership within a large office or region. This would include tracking and reporting of key marketing information, facilitating strategy meetings, motivating and training others in the art of client development and major project pursuit, managing key client relationships and professional organization membership and networking.
- Manages staff that may include marketing specialists and client development specialists.
- Collaborates with management to develop client development plans, budgets and performance goals for their staff and themselves.
- Develops key competencies in the companies’ business intelligence tools, in order to assist managers and others in strategic decision making (markets, sectors, go/no-go, etc.) and making the best use of their time and efforts.
- Has the experience and know-how to facilitate strategy meetings for both client and major project pursuits.
- Directs the activities and monitors the results of subordinate direct reports.
- Oversees the process of reporting client development results for both direct reports and themselves. This includes client and project pursuits, RFPs, proposals, key wins and losses, industry activities and other general marketing responsibilities.
- Regularly engages department, office, and regional management to keep them informed of activities and results, and regularly meets with supervisor to discuss progress on initiatives and plans as well as other items including career advancement.
- Works with corporate personnel including national accounts, sectors and marketing to assist in overall company goals related to revenue growth.
- Attend professional organization, government and technical meetings/events as a representative of Terracon and coordinate/participate in these meetings and events on a regular basis. Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs in projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related degree and 10 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certified Professional Services Marketer (CPSM)
Pay starting at $100K +
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!