Senior Industrial Hygienist
- Bettendorf, Iowa
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23006BR
- United States
Terracon’s Iowa Environmental Team has an immediate opening for an experienced Certified Industrial Hygienist to take on the Senior Industrial Hygienist role and lead the growing industrial hygiene team. This position can report to any of our Iowa offices, depending on your location. The successful candidate must possess a broad range of industrial hygiene experience, strong writing and editing skills, solid business development, and client communication/management skills.
Do you want to work for a well-established, 100% employee-owned company with an excellent reputation that is focused on becoming the best at people? Are you seeking a company that has tremendous resources and provides training and career growth opportunities? Come, “Explore with us” and apply today to begin your journey to being an employee-owner. Terracon, an employee-owned company, is the leading industrial hygiene consultant in the U.S. Terracon is committed to growing its industrial hygiene service line by providing the highest quality of service, growing the diversity of industry sector projects, developing and retaining skilled professionals, and growing our national IH coverage footprint. This aggressive growth strategy will create vast opportunities for industrial hygiene professionals seeking to grow. This is an exciting time to join our team.
In this role you will help create a strategy for growing industrial hygiene clients (business development); prepare complex proposals and quotations to ensure proper scoping of services and project risk management; ensure the availability of manpower and pricing to render a profit; advise, inspire performance, and mentor IH department personnel, helping them to advance their careers and professionalism.
You will also manage and execute IH and asbestos projects. These duties include completing the project as per its contracted scope; monitor progress and performance against the project plan. Troubleshoot and recommend or resolve operational problems and minimize delays. May be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors. Conducts meetings and prepares reports to communicate project status to the project team and client. May have responsibilities to communicate with the client and deliver work products to satisfaction of client.
- Inspiring and mentoring department personnel.
- Preparation of proposals and cost estimates and ensure the work is done with high quality and client satisfaction.
- When necessary, performing field studies including asbestos, airborne chemical monitoring, noise monitoring, and indoor air quality.
- Investigating workplaces to identify physical and chemical risks.
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing a project.
- Resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Prepare designs and work specifications; develop schedules, budgets and forecasts; select materials, equipment, project staff, and contractors.
- Partner with other departments or offices to secure specialized resources for the project.
- Conduct project meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project within and beyond the project team.
- Coach and mentor project staff and assist them to solve problems.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- CIH (and/or CSP) and 5 to 10 years of industrial hygiene experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Industrial Hygiene or Engineering, Public Health or Environmental Science preferred
- General asbestos experience (e.g., Licensed asbestos Building Inspector, Abatement Designer, Project Manager) is preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Must possess strong writing and communication skills.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.