Terracon is looking for students in the civil, geotechnical, or geological engineering degree program who are interested in an internship, in the summer of 2024. Internships run from May-August.
Here are some exciting details about our internship programs:
The Terracon internship programs will support our Geotechnical service line. In this program, you will take part in an exciting, fun, and meaningful work experience as you work alongside some of the brightest engineering minds and state-of-the-art technology in the geotechnical engineering industry. You will not only learn and advance technically but will also be provided with opportunities for professional development. You will be assigned a leader/mentor in the geotechnical engineering field. The mentor will help you with career planning along with technical skill development. You will learn how our line of business interacts with the client and how we differ from design engineers. You will learn what consulting engineering is all about!
You will also have the opportunity to participate in a cohort. The cohort is a way for you to connect with other interns across the company, and learn about their experiences. This is also a great way for you to start building your professional network! At the end of the summer, your cohort will present to our executive leadership team.
During the summer, you will have an opportunity to learn about the following:
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Laboratory safety and safe work practices
- All aspects of our laboratory testing capabilities and the purpose of each test
- Understanding soil test procedures (ASTM, DOT, COE, etc.)
- Shadow field exploration team
- Data review
- Report preparation
- Proposal creation
- Basics of project management
- Communication of test results (internal and external)
- Introduction to GeoReport
- Quality management system and procedures
- Performs sampling or testing as directed.
- Seek learning opportunities from mentor
- Provides assistance to other field and/or laboratory personnel
- Assists other technicians or professional staff on routine tasks
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Create and give a final presentation to leadership regarding summer experiences
- High school diploma and pursuing a BS or Master's degree in civil or geotechnical engineering. The ideal candidate will have less than one year remaining to complete their BS or MS degree.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.