Environmental Regulatory Compliance Engineer/Scientist
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20355BR
- United States
Terracon is seeking an Environmental Regulatory Compliance Engineer/Scientist to join our Team in Baton Rouge!
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly-motivated individual join a rapidly growing practice and work on local, regional, and national compliance projects across the country.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace. Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is best demonstrated by offering a flexible work schedule, striving for employees to have a proper work/life balance, and enabling employees to work remotely when appropriate. In addition, Terracon offers an excellent compensation and a benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan with matching (monetary and company stock), paid time off, holidays, education reimbursement, a company stock purchases plan, and various bonus programs.
This individual should have a technical background, be comfortable working with clients, be able to prepare reports and other deliverables, be thorough and detail oriented, be a self-starter, willing to work with existing staff to develop regulatory compliance opportunities locally and regionally, and be willing to learn additional skills. The individual will be part of a team that will work with current staff on various environmental compliance projects. They will serve as a local resource and will provide support for regional and national environmental compliance endeavors. They will maintain existing and develop new client relationships; prepare proposals, cost estimates, and reports.
The individual should have working knowledge in one or more of the service areas below and be familiar with general requirements in all of the service areas listed below:
- Oil Storage/SPCC plans
- SARA Title III (Tier II/TRI) reporting
- Compliance auditing
- RCRA/Hazardous waste
- Air permitting (Title V and minor source)
- Industrial wastewater
- Prepare calculations, applications, plans, reports, proposals, and other deliverables,
- Manage projects and work with current staff to ensure quality and timeliness,
- Develop proposals in response to RFPs and client requests, and
- Evaluate problems and develop practical solutions that enable our clients to achieve and maintain compliance with environmental regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or another environmental science field,
- Minimum 6+ years of experience in a full-time environmental role,
- Professional Engineering / Geologist Licensure,
- Demonstrated high level of technical writing ability,
- Excellent analytical and communication skills,
- Well organized and detail oriented,
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word,
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work and possess a positive attitude, and
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!