Consulting Office Manager A/E/C
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21109BR
- United States
Want to lead a medium sized office that is passionate about being best at people, with many innovative ideas? Terracon is looking for an
The Baton Rouge Office Manager will provide leadership and manage the direct/support activities (administrative and technical) of an engineering consulting office. This includes profit/loss management, employee supervision, project management, quality control, health and safety oversight, client development activities, and new business development. Responsible for general leasehold improvements, project and office equipment, and proper oversight and utilization of all personnel.
- Oversee an office of between 50-60 professionals, with limitless growth potential.
- Realize Terracon’s Vision while Living Our Values.
- Communicate safety initiatives, rules and guidelines for Office.
- Lead the direction of the office’s business development efforts.
- Direct and or coordinate pursuits and large proposals in all service lines.
- Assist Department Managers in determining/acquiring their staffing needs.
- Develop and execute annual office business plan.
- Develop office annual and financial budgets.
- Responsible for the profitability of the office.
- Communicate with the Regional and Division Manager regarding progress including business development, project schedules, employee management, financial results, and equipment/facility/organizational needs.
- Coordinate with Division, Region and corporate to maximize the use of technical experts, as needed.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Ensure best practices are being followed and hold Managers accountable for quality control standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of specific A/E/C practice experience
- Prior financial and budget related experience required
- Experience managing multi-tiered Teams
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- Professional Certification or licensure in field of expertise
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!