Project Archeologist / Field Director
- Austin, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20224BR
- United States
|Looking for a challenging new Archeology career? Want to join a company that is 100% employee owned, and that encourages employee development while working on some of the most complex projects in Texas and beyond? Then join our growing team in Austin as a Project Archeologist/Field Director and start your new career today with Terracon!|
In this role you will work under the direction of the Environmental Planning Group Manager, with a team of professional experts in our environmental department working on dynamic projects collaboratively with colleagues and clients to ensure work is executed on time and within budget.
Our office is conveniently located near MoPac and Highway 290 in South Austin with plenty of on-site parking and restaurants nearby. Start your new journey and “Explore with Us”!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
This position will come with opportunities to manage projects according to Terracon’s Project Manager standards and expectations.
• Working knowledge of Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act and the Antiquities Code of Texas.
• Membership in statewide professional associations such as the Council of Texas Archeologists, and/or other evidence of professional engagement in the larger community.
• Previous experience with and understanding of curation procedures and requirements according to standards within Texas.
• Experience with ArcGIS and digital recording tools and platforms for use in the field.
• Experience and technical familiarity with at least one artifact category commonly encountered in Texas and/or surrounding region(s).
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!