- Arden, North Carolina
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25289BR
- United States
Terracon Consultants, Inc. (Terracon) is a national engineering and environmental consulting firm that provides integrated services to a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Terracon is seeking a Field to Staff Level Engineer/Geologist/Scientist to join our Asheville, North Carolina environmental department. This position would be part of a very skilled team that works closely with Project Managers and other technical leads performing remediation, investigation, monitoring, facility compliance, permitting, process, and other environmental activities. We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, and personable individual with an eye for detail, a willingness to learn, and a desire to be part of a growing and high-performing team.
- Support environmental assessment, remediation, and compliance projects in the field and office.
- Perform a variety of field work including environmental assessments, environmental investigations, site inspections, feasibility tests, remedial implementation, and subcontractor oversight.
- Interpret hydrogeological and chemical data.
- Prepare and review technical reports, feasibility studies, and work plans in support of assessment, investigation, and remediation projects.
- Support management of large and complex tasks to ensure internal and external expectations are met for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
- Assist during proposal development, including preparation of work scopes and budgets.
- Travel on short-term assignments.
- Bachelor's Degree in civil/environmental engineering, geology, or related geoscience field from an accredited university.
- 2-4 years of experience in environmental consulting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and outstanding oral and written communication skills allowing for positive internal, client, and contractor relationships.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- 5-7 years of experience in environmental consulting with progressive levels of responsibility.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate (with an up-to-date 8-hour annual refresher course certification).
- Knowledge of state (SCDHEC, NCDEQ, TDEQ) and Federal regulations (CERCLA, RCRA, TSCA, etc.)
- EIT or GIT certification
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.