Senior Staff Geotechnical Engineer
- Albany, New York
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21779BR
- United States
This may include performing and/or leading field investigations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Other responsibilities may be preparing proposals and cost estimates, tracking, and evaluating project progress, budgeting, and recommending changes. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams
- Mid-level, experienced engineering professional responsible for managing and executing small to medium projects and sometimes more complex projects
- Develop the scope of work for routine projects
- Review drawings and construction to assure compliance with plans and specifications
- Prepare cost estimates, specifications, and other project related documents
- Analyze data, and perform engineering calculations and analysis
- Research and resolve design and construction problems
- Coordinate and supervise field investigations, laboratory testing, and evaluation of respective data, development of recommendations
- Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports
- Develop plans, schedules, conducts, and/or coordinates detailed phases of assigned project work
- Work closely with senior-level project manager to gain project management and engineering experience
- Make design recommendations, adaptations, and modifications
- Prepare work scope, proposals and reports and plans investigations for approval by senior level professionals for routine projects
- Serve as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members
- Supervise field staff including graduate/field engineers, engineering technicians, exploration teams, laboratory staff and other support personnel
- Interact with client and project team in developing scope of services and communicating project progress
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) required with ability to obtain a registration as a Professional Engineer (PE)
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.